Man City’s £41m bid for Nathan Ake accepted & Spurs battle 2 Premier League clubs for Callum Wilson

Man City’s £41m bid for Nathan Ake accepted

Earlier on Thursday we reported that Man City have begun talks with Bournemouth over Nathan Ake.

That story has since developed, as the BBC, amongst others, have confirmed that Bournemouth have accepted a £41m bid from Man City for their 25-year-old Dutch centre-half.

🍒 BREAKING: @afcbournemouth have accepted a £41 million bid for Nathan Aké from @ManCity #afcb

— Kris Temple (@kristemple) July 30, 2020

Ake is presently under contract with Bournemouth until 2022.

In all likelihood, Ake will now join the Sky Blues.

On the possible timeframe for completing the deal, the Bournemouth Echo report:

It is understood the deal could move quickly in the next few days.

 

Does this mean that Man City won’t sign Kalidou Koulibaly?

That seems to be the case.

Italian transfer guru Fabrizio Romana has reported that City have run into “problems” in trying to sign Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli. In addition, readers are told that:

Man City are still angry with Napoli because of Jorginho/Chelsea deal two years ago.

Man City have found an agreement to sign Nathan Aké from Bournemouth.
€43M will be the fee – paperworks time to complete the deal.
Pep wants him after problems for Koulibaly (Man City are still angry with Napoli because of Jorginho/Chelsea deal two years ago) 🔵 #MCFC #transfers

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 30, 2020

However, the Athletic’s Sam Lee has offered some pushback on suggestions that the chase to sign Koulibaly is over.

He’s told his Twitter followers that City have been looking to sign two centre-backs this summer.

Little update on Koulibaly but I’m hoping to get a better one: As far as I know City have always been in the market for two CB’s. Koulibaly and Ake. City are signing Ake but that should be unrelated to any progress or lack of progress with Koulibaly.

— Sam Lee (@SamLee) July 30, 2020

If Koulibaly doesn’t happen for whatever reason, City would look at their alternatives for that profile. The profile is a top-class, experiences defender who can make an immediate impact at City. Ake is a different profile and effectively on a separate shopping list.

— Sam Lee (@SamLee) July 30, 2020

What would Ake’s arrival at Man City mean for Aymeric Laporte?

Most would assume that even if Ake joins Man City, Aymeric Laporte would be Pep Guardiola’s first choice as his left-sided centre-half.

Could Ake play at left-back for the Sky Blues?

I like Nathan Ake & I think he will suit Man City, but with Laporte a guaranteed starter I’m not convinced two left footed centre backs works? I know right footed players play together but it never feels right the other way round to me! Left back or a Back 3 🤷‍♂️ https://t.co/SgqVS8zO09

— Jamie Carragher (@Carra23) July 30, 2020

 

Spurs battle 2 Premier League clubs for Callum Wilson

The Bournemouth Echo have rubber-stamped reports that three Premier League clubs are looking to sign Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson.

Those teams are West Ham, Tottenham and Newcastle.

It’s unclear which of these teams are leading the race to land the 28-year-old England international.

On a transfer fee, Wilson will reportedly cost 20 million pounds.

Wilson scored 8 goals in 35 Premier League matches this season.

He’s currently under contract at the Vitality Stadium until 2023.

 

Four teams are looking at David Brooks

The Bournemouth Echo also reveal that four Premier League sides are looking at signing David Brooks: West Ham, Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Leicester.

23-year-old Brooks returned to action after the restart. He played all 9 matches for Bournemouth in their run-in.

Brooks is under contract with the Cherries until 2022.

 

Also see: Fulham vs Cardiff City live streaming: Watch online, preview, prediction and odds.

Paris Saint-Germain vs Olympique Lyonnais live streaming: Watch Coupe de la Ligue Final online, preview and predictions.

Man City’s £41m bid for Nathan Ake accepted Earlier on Thursday we reported that Man City have begun talks with Bournemouth over Nathan Ake. That story has since developed, as the BBC, amongst others, have confirmed that Bournemouth have accepted a £41m bid from Man City for their 25-year-old Dutch centre-half. 🍒 BREAKING: @afcbournemouth haveFootball (soccer) greatest goals and highlights | 101 Great Goals – Feed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *